Re: Time management

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chaney (lchaney)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:31:24 -0600

Robert,

I teach K-12 and see about 650 students per week. I also sponsor the school
yearbook for K-12, do set design for 2 plays every year, have 2 art fairs
every year (elementary-secondary) and have a 1 1/2 year old at home. I'm
really stressed right now and am looking for a job with just one level.
Either elementary or secondary. I've been at the same school for 7 years
now.

I spend every evening at school until 4:30 and then from 8:30 p.m. to
midnight grading, etc.(evening are devoted to my son). For elementary I
just don't grade anymore I can't possibly do it all. Grades 5-8 have index
cards on a recipe box. We get them out in class every day and I write
grades and comments on behavior on them, dated ofcourse! It works for me.
Parens can see the card if they desire and I have a record for my gradebook
for highschool.

Don't mean to moan, but I'm burned out!

Melissa Chaney