Re: Deadlines

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chaney (lchaney)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:13:31 -0600

I also have sketchbooks for homework assignments for my high school students.
Sketches are assigned on Monday and due on Fridays. They are worth 20% of their
grade. However I do give "Coupons" to students when they do a derrific job on a
larger project we are working on in class. Each coupon can be turned in - in
place of a sketchbook assignment. They must be turned in on time or zero. No
coupons are accepted later. Coupons are written in red ink. (orr students try to
photocopy them). I found that this coupon idea helps to reinforce the importance
of large projects done in class. If a students spends extra time and effort on
them the are rewarded by spending less time on homework. Some students get them
quite often.

Melissa Chaney
Midway R-1
Cleveland, MO