Re: Authentic Rubrics

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:18:32 +0000

> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:35:07 -0700
> To: artsednet.edu
> From: tbrudnak.ca.us (Teri Brudnak)
> Subject: Authentic Rubrics

Teri,
I have been using rubrics (or as I call them, assessment sheets) in
art for the last five or six years. Students grade the first part;
which are two short essays; What worked well in this project, and
what would you change if you did the assignment again?
Then they assign a rating of 1 - 10 for their project. I complete
the rubric, answering specific questions about design, requirements
and craftsmanship. The total score is up to 100 points. The
assessment sheets are kept in the student portfolios. I need to
teach students how to grade their work, but after that, they do a
really good job. No ever whines "Why did I get THAT grade?"

-Alix Peshette