Re: Time management

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:45:25 +0000

> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:12:46 -0700
> From: "Robert E. \"Bo\" Sheffey & Family" <sheffey>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Time management

Dear Tree,
Don't grade everything. Make some things worth just a credit check
(like 20 points). It's either done and turned in or not. Also, if
you have lots of grades for the students, don't grade some things.
Just give all the students points and say that you were in a generous
mood. Also, every once-in-a-while, I just throw out a whole set of
class papers (I teach social studies as well as art) if the students
don't need them back, got the point of the assignment, etc.

Also consider 'peer grading' using a rubric you develop. Those
little souls can be very diligent when they are grading someone else's
work. I use peer editing and peer grading more and more in social
studies.

Anyone else have some good ideas? I want them too!!

-Alix Peshette