Re: discipline again

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:27:14 -0500

Dear Diane,

What grades do you teach?

This is an interesting solution to the "I really don't like this project"
problem. I have always appreciated having choices myself, so I've often
thought it would be fun to offer choices to my students. All the grades I
teach might appreciate more choices. But working in regular classrooms from
the art cart is a huge limitation. I already have to run around the
building stashing art materials in classrooms, sometimes starting more than
an hour before clases begin . Every once in a while I offer a choice for
next time-and the students make a request I can prepare for in advance. I
try to offer this at least once per year for each grade, although it
doesn't help those students who feel stuck doing a project they don't like.
Being on the cart Istill need to have everyone working at least in the same
medium. Any suggestions?

Mark Alexander, 1-8 Art
Lee H. Kellogg School
47 Main Street