Re: Recommended art books for K-6 Library

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:55:52 -0600

We have a Picture Book Library at the Children's Art Museum. Here are
all the books that we have in the Art section. These include how to
books, books about different tools and techniques, and book about visual
artist. With the exception of a couple of song and poem books these
focus on visual art. I hope these help. We are interested in adding to
our collection, so any recommendations will be helpful.
Thanks,
Kimberly
CAM Administrator

Raboff, Ernest Albercht Durer
Morrison, Taylor Antonio's Apprenticeship
Marchand, Pierre Art of Painting [The]
Toale, Bernard Basic Print Making Techniques
Pekarick, Andrew Behind the Scenes: Painting
Pekarick, Andrew Behind the Scenes: Sculpture
Loumaye, Jacqueline Chagall: My Sad and Joyous Village
Sullivan, Charles, ed. Children of Promise: African-American literature
and Art for Young People
Micklehtwait, Lucy Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words (a)
Burdett, Lois Child's Portrait of Shakespeare (a)
Heller, Ruth Color
Cole, Alison Color (2 copies)
Blizzard, Gladys Come Look With Me: Enjoying Art with Children
Mix, Becky A Construction Paper Sculpture
Critter Crafts
Pinguilly, Yves Da Vinci The Painter who Spoke wth Birds
Ames, Lee J. Draw 50 Creepy Crawlies
Ames, Lee J. Draw 50 Sharks, Whales and other Sea Creatures
Dubosque, Doug Draw Cars Step by Step
Dubosque, Doug Draw Dinosaurs Step by Step
Welton, Jude Drawing
Brookes, Mona Drawing with Children
Brookes, Mona Drawing with Children
Carlson, Laurie Eco Art Earth Friendly art and craft experiences for 3
to 9 year olds
Jackson Paul Encyclopedia of Origami (The)
Silver Rhonda Graff Exploring Art Masterpieces with Young Learners
Raboff Ernest Frederick Remington
Turner Robyn Montana Georgia O'Keefe
Go in and Out the Window
Kohl Mary Good Earth Art: Environmental Art for Kids
Sprocatti Sandra Guide to Art (A)
Raboff Ernest Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
Raboff Ernest Henri Matisse
Raboff Ernest Henri Rousseau
Sullivan Charles ed Here is my Kingdom: Hispanic American Literature and
Art for Young People
Janson H.W. History of Art For Young People
Carroll Colleen How Artist See Animals
Beasant Pam How to Draw Buildings
Irvine Joan How to make Super Pop-ups
Sanchez Isidro I Draw, I Paint: Drawing
Sanchez Isidro I Draw, I Paint: Wax Crayons
Sanchez Isidro I Draw, I Paint:Markers
Smith Ray Introduction to Acrylics (An)
Horton James Introduction to Drawing (An)
Smith Ray Introduction to Watercolor (An)
Updike John Just Looking: Essays
Levy Virginia K Let's go to the Art Museum
Solga Kim Make Prints
Solga Kim Make Sculptures
Martin Rodney Making of a Picture Book (The)
Turner Robyn Montana Mary Cassatt
GRaboff Ernest Michelangelo Buonarroti
Srett Dawn My First Paint Book
Cave Kathryn My Journey Through Art: Create Your Own Masterpieces
Wittmer Pierre My Summer in Caillebotte's Garden
Noble Beasts: Animals in Art
Araki Chiyo Origami for Christmas
Selfridge John Pablo Picasso
Raboff Ernest Pablo Picasso
Raboff Ernest Paul Gauguin
Yenawine Philip People
Peppin Anthea People in Art
Venezia Mike Picasso
Antoine Veronique Picasso
Wiggins Colin Post-impressionism
Raboff Ernest Raphael
Raboff Ernest Rembrandt
Cole Alison Renaissance (the)
Turner Robyn Montana RosaBonhew: Portraits of Women Artists for Children
Kohl Mary Scribble Cookies and Other Independent Creative Art
Experiences for Children
Opie Mary-Jane Sculpture
Isaacson Philip M. Short Walk around the Pyramids and Through the World
of Art (A)
RichmondRobin Story in a Picture: Children in Art (The)
Talking to the Sun: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems for Young
People
Cummings Pat Talking wth Artists: Conversations with Artists
Martin Rodney There's a Dinosaur in the Park
Meyer Susan E. Treasury of Great Children's Book Illustrators (A)
Needham Kate Usborne Book of Origami (The)
Mundy Simon Usborne Story of Music(The)
Loumaye Jacquelin Van Gogh
Raboff Ernest Van Gogh
Brown Laurene Visiting the Art Museum
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Bruegel a Bruegel
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Cassatt a Cassatt
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Degas a Degas
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Goya a Goya
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Leonardo a Leonardo
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Monet a Monet
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Picasso a Picasso
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Raphael a Raphael
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Rembrandt a Rembrandt
Muhberger Richard What Makes a Van Gogh a Van Gogh
Who has Seen the Wind: An Illustrated Collection of Poetry for Young
People
Mize Kyle You Can Illustrate: Johnny Appleseed

aneri Anita and Tatchell, Judy How to Draw Animals
Lee Stan & Buseema, John How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way
Tatchell Judy & Varley, Carol How to Draw Lettering
Kovacs Deborah and Preller James Meet the Authors and Illustrators
Blanquet Claire - Helene Miro`: Earth and Sky
Jeunesse Gallimard and others Pyramids