RE: Re: appearances...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:27:29 -0500

There is an assistant that works with a little boy in our school. (I
would call the school fairly traditional... old money...) Quite an
individual. Bleached hair, I believe her head is shaved underneath the
top layer of hair... clothes that are 'found objects', Tiger from Winnie
the Pooh on her wrist. Worn, not a tattoo. One day I told her I like
the design on her coffee cup - was it a gift? Nope... she picked it out
-someone had given her a set of earrings for Christmas... but she
doesn't have pierced ears.
But she's pierced.... including tongue...
She is wonderful with the little boy she works with. She wants to work
with special needs pre-schoolers. I think it is great that she was
hired 'in spite of'... Her clothes/style are hers.
Do/wear what you feel comfortable with... but remember that not everyone
may be comfortable with your choices.
Ellen