fractions for Bunki

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:09:10 -0500

Bunki,
>From another art/math teacher:
What do you do for fractions?
- proportional reasoning is one way to work with fractions and their
relationships and drawing/seeing. Also, part/whole can be thought of
as fractions, decimals, percents, ratios... maybe the kids see it as one
and not another. Do you use cuisenaire rods? Excellent manipulatives
for fractions. (Pattern blocks, paper folding...?) Just curious...
Any spatial visualization w/geometry?
ellen