Re: Holocaust project

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
amanda clarke (clarkea@s-cwis.unomaha.edu)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:16:12 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 EVasso wrote:

> <<Anyone have any ideas on creating a memorial with 4-5 graders for Holocaust
> survivors?>>
>
> I wrote about a Holocaust project I did with sixth graders which can be found
> at a site set up by Craig Roland:
> http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/case_studies/index.html
>
> -Fred
> Chicago

There is a man by the name of Jeff Raz, who
has a one man production called "Fatherland." He wrote this piece as a
way of dealing with his heritage, he is Jewish, and the relationship with
his father who photographed various sights during the Holocaust. He talked
about being Jewish, and not understanding why he was different.
He came to Lincoln to perform at the Lied Center, and we were lucky
enough to have him visit our class. He returned the following semester to
help out at the A-festival (Arts festival on campus). If possible, I
would try to locate Jeff and other information on him. His use of theater
and magic sheds new light on the events of the Holocaust. I am unsure if
he had published his performance or if it is available on tape, but if you
can find him performing "Fatherland," you won't be sorry.
He had a book with him about the survivors and victims of the
Holocaust, and I am sorry I do not remember the name of it, but it is
filled with stories from both sides. He read some passages out of it, and
it really makes you think about every aspect.

I hope this information is useful.

Amanda