RE: Shrinky Chihulys

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:32:57 -0500

I won't ask about fumes -
but they are a problem.
The commercial shrink plastic really isn't that expensive, the results
are dependable (I found that with bottles and jugs - it may be distorted
- both the surface and the shape - okay if that is what you want), and
it is made for the oven.

Bake plastic on a piece of cardboard is suggested. It doesn't stick,
and the oven is low enough that the cardboard won't scorch or burn. As
with polymer clays, it is recommended that you buy a separate toaster
oven for baking - don't use your/school's regular oven. (Especially if
it is a convection oven...)
Ellen