Re: Stools or Chairs?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wendy sauls (wsauls)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:58:46

At 01:27 PM 2/11/98 -0600, Eric Utech wrote:
>Thank you all for your dream art room suggestions. Rumours are that I will
>end up in a completely windowless room. Wish me luck.
>
> I forgot to ask:
> Which do you prefer: stools or chairs? Why?
> Which is better: Chalk or marker boards? Why?
>
>Thanks again, as always, as usual,
> Chiaroscuro Eric

i hate chalkboards, they make me and some of my students sneeze and the
chalk dries out my fingers and they make screechy sounds when you write on
them and i think they are harder to read than marker boards. marker boards
are cool because they (or at least, mine) are magnetic and you can stick
all sorts of stuff up on the board with magnets and easily slide it around.

i got a new artroom last year and asked for the science black top lab
tables and stools, having dreamed about them for a long time. the tables
and stools are much flimsier than i thought - the stools especially are
basically falling apart after 2 years and my students aren't treating them
roughly. those molded plastic chairs seem to last forever.

wendy

Wendy Sauls
Art Teacher, Kanapaha Middle School, Gainesville, FL
Doctoral Student, Art Education, Florida State University
wsauls