Re: Museum Visit

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
rgibas
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:41:12 -0500

Having seen the Picasso exhibit at the
Atlanta High just two weeks ago, it is still fresh
in my mind. While looking at the works, I was
particularly excited about the assemblage pieces
such as the baboon and the nanny goat. I think
that finding a completely new use for an object is
a wonderfully creative excercise. The baboon
should ignite students' interest when they realize
that its head is cast from a toy car. As far as an
activity that brings them more in touch with the
work, I would suggest something either before or
after the show that concentrates on the
transformation of the found object. Hope this
helps.

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 01:46:02 EST JUDIEJ48
wrote:

>I'm taking a group of 100+ high school students
>to see the Picasso exhibit at
>the local museum. In addition to the audio tour,
>I would like to have the
>students engage in some form of activity that
>brings them more in touch with
>the work.
>Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>Judie

Rachel A. Gibas
Art Ed. Pre-Intern