Re: classroom management

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 15:22:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ruth,
One thing that works fairly well for me is to assign a four paragraph
problem solving essay which must be signed by the parent and presented to
me before the next art class. I do have an understanding with
administration and they've been very cooperative with me about excluding
the student until they comply. If they don't turn it in the next day I
call the parents. I've also made contracts for a few students and let
their parents know that this was an effort to help their student be more
successful in my class. These are to be signed by parents nightly. They
work if both you and the parent hold the child responsible for giving it
to you. I usually ask them to use the contract for a week at a time. If
the behavior improves, we try to go without it. Good Luck.
Judy