Re: Looking for encouragement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Krzeminski (krzemin)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 22:04:45 -0500

Jennifer,
You are in a field where you have the opportunity razzle dazzle everyone
around you. I have been teaching for 3 years (I went to IUP by the way)
and am thrilled with my job. But it takes hard work to get respect from
students, collegues and administration. You are the best advocate for your
program, and have the responsibility to do so. My position is a traveling
one, 2 periods at the high school teaching 7th and 8th grade and the rest
of the day at the elementary. My elementary principal was a former art
teacher so she's very understanding. But the HS principal and most of the
staff that I encounter at both schools are not well versed in the arts.
Not only are you going to educate the students, but you are educating the
staff about your subject area. There are many ways to do this. They may
mean more to you when your student teaching. If you would like ideas from
another PA person, email me krzemin
Teresa Krzeminski
Riverview SD
Oakmont/Verona, PA