Re: Supplies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Karen Hurt (khurt)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:14:00 -0500

At 02:12 PM 2/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>One way to help keep track of your pencils and erasers is to have each child
>give you his/her jacket or watch (or some item that they have with them) in
>exchange for the pencil or eraser.

My son's teacher takes a shoe, and gives them the option of returning the
pencil and collecting the shoe at the end of the class or the day. She has
a terrific relationship with the janitor who delivers all lost and found
writing implements to her borrow jar. The kids love it.

Karen Hurt

Grafton Library
Mary Baldwin College
Staunton, Virginia