Re: Software????

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:49:38 -0500 (EST)

I find Adobe Illustrator very difficult, perhaps better for advanced
lessons. I really like Fractal Painter, but not all the students have
bought into it. I have 6 computers in my art room so it is a rotating
schedule. Our computer art teacher uses superpaint for Computer Art I and
the kids seem to like that. I don't like the ragged edges on some things,
but a lot of them do some great work. he uses Aldus Freehand for Computer
Art II, like Adobe more difficult and smoother and more professional for
motivated students. Good luck. I have a few ocpies of Photoshop and
started a unit using a photo of the student which was either scanned or
taken with digital camera and then manipulated in a variety of ways. Great
and creative results. My Art II students are now fighting over the
computers (not really violent, thought.) But lots of fun and good and all
different results. Fran