Re: Dream Classroom Ideas?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:49:14 -0600

We are not a school, but maybe this will help. In our art studio area
we have three large sinks. One is at an adult height, and two are at
children's height. I love them and they make cleaning up easier. Two
kids can use a sink at a time. And after the kids leave I can soak
things like sponges from printmaking. That way they don't get hard,
while I'm cleaning up other areas. The thing I would change is I wish we
had some way of regulating the hot water, because it gets really hot. We
cannot turn down the water heater because it services the whole building
(we are located on the first floor of a 15 story building built in 1929,
and the building manager has told me they have to keep the temp set high
because of the 3 restraunts and bakery). The other thing I would change
is to make the sinks more wheelchair accessible. The ones in the
bathrooms are, but the sinks in the art studio have storage underneath.
They are so deep (the sinks) I don't know how you could make them
accessible. If they were high enough to roll a wheelchair under, the top
would be too high to reach from a sitting position.
Kimberly

CAM Administrator
kimberly