Re: aesthetics

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jen Lorine (jll213)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 19:32:50 -0500

At 10:35 AM 2/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
> I have recently recieved a good idea on involing students in critiques.
>I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to help secondary
>students become interested in critiques?

critiques, I would think that maybe critiquing their own work would be
interesting to them. Rather than looking at a famous artists' work, you
could do one of two things, or both. You could have the students have a
little art show in their art class, hang up their work. Then you could take
a class period to walk around with critique sheets, and answer certain
questions about their classmates art work. In addition, you could have
students evaluate their own work---by doing this, you may also get a better
understanding of what the student was trying to show in their art work. I
don't know--just some thoughts.