Re: purchasing a kiln for elementary school

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 18:21:15 -0800

Robin Hurewitz wrote:

> <snip> I was asked to investigate purchasing a kiln.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Order the biggest one you can get away with. Make sure it will be
properly wired and vented. Order the correct stand for it and extra
shelves and shelf supports. And, get a Kiln Sitter--so much easier than
flipping switches. Don't ever leave it unattended when it's firing,
however, like overnight--it's possible for the cone to dislodge from
exploding ceramics and keep firing (as happened to a friend).

Maggie**remove x in address to reply