Re: Supplies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lynda Brothers Matthew (brosart)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:25:52 -0800 (PST)

>Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 20:26:16
>To: Chaney <lchaney>
>From: Lynda Brothers Matthew <brosart>
>Subject: Re: Supplies
>
>Hi Melissa,
> I have the same problem with markers, pastels, erasers disapearing,
especially the kneaded ones. The markers I always store upside down, which
seems to get a few lessons more out of them . And the erasers, especially
the kneaded ones for charcoal, I tell the kids that I buy them myself, that
"I" need them back because of that, and I'm am starting to get a response to
that. It seems very sad to me that they even ask, does the supplies belong
to the school. or did I buy them, and the respect changes. Also, if I order
white drawing paper and it ends up in the teacher's supply room, if I don't
grab it and put in away it's gone. The teachers become increasingly jealous
that I have white drawing paper ( which I have to use for watercolors, and
everything else). I find the best to do is to get a really good
relationship- with the supply ordering personnel. And over the years I have
had to do a little dance of power-You want me to teach what with no supplies???