Re: Quick Cam Ideas?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
robert L. Snyder (rsnyder)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:43:08 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Yes, Alix. What just comes to me right off the top of my 'head' or hat
rather :)
-is to do a more multicultural lesson with the students bringing
in different types of hats representing different countries/cultures
either within the US or from around the world. As you are teaching in the
California public schools I'm sure you have an interesting and diverse
student population represented in your classrooms. You may figure this
doesn't work into your theme of the Italian Renaissance well, but hey,
give it a try as an 'add-on' or follow-up lesson.

How did the Renaissance influence/affect other countries at the time or
later? How would students in China, India, Peru, Kenya describe or define
the term renaissance? Other than the conventional Italian period themes,
ideas, art, architecture, etc.. doesn't renaissance also mean
enlightenment, openness, throwing off the old ways; learning, knowledge
and art for l., k., and art's sake ? Have them do a related writing
exercise merging the two: renaissance and multiculturalism It would be
interesting to see what they come up with. I haven't done anything like
this myself yet, because I don't have my own classroom yet.

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Alix Peshette wrote:

> I just bought a b/w quick cam camera for use in my 7th grade social
> studies classes and art classes. I plan to photograph the students
> in Renaissance hats and import the pictures into their
> student-written renaissance newsletters.
>
> Do you have any other ideas for using quick cams (besides CuSeeMe) in
> the classroom? My classroom is not wired for on-line, (maybe by the
> new millennium!) Please send me your good ideas! Thanks in advance!
>
> -Alix Peshette
> Emerson Junior High School
> Davis, CA 95616

Respond to this message.