Re: no water vs. cart

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:11:58 -0800

Respond to this message.

Donna Lyle wrote:

> Go for the portable! Always be excited and greatful for each small
> step!! Ask the principal if the custodian "or someone" bring 4 bucket
> of water in the morning and change it at noon. At the end of the day
> "someone" could dump it. Now this is because of your bad back. Let
> the custodian doesn't become your best advocator! Agree with him
> (her) how ridiculous it is not to have water and to have to do this!
> They often will find a way to make everything easier!! Now if the
> custodian "can't" do this have students do it. You will need to be
> VERY greatful and patient. The students will spill and will tell
> their parents of their helpfullness . What would you say about
> this?!! Positively agree with their concern. But the best thing you
> can do to "move up" if to cover your school with ART! Every
> conference, every building, every occasion!! I started in the
> classes, hallways, gyms, then spare room to the district BUILDING
> rooms in every building for ART!!! Be a place that kids love and it
> will grow.

reminds me of the time that my drain was clogged, and the maintenance
department said they would get to it when they could. No problem I
said, I am at the back of the building, I will just put a large basin in
the sink, and dump the colored dirty water out the window. I did, and
three days later (yes! three days later...geeze I still wonder what took
so long) they fixed the sink, much to the chagrin of my principal who
was mortified when the kids went around the school excitedly telling
everyone how cool it was to dump water out the window!

San D

Respond to this message.