absenteeism and mobility

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
megan E. Brown (Megan.E.Brown-1)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:33:15

Respond to this message.

----- Forwarded Message Starts Here -----

From: Megan.E.Brown-1
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:03:28
To: Megan E Brown

subscribe

I am a graduate student in Art Education at the Univerisity of Minneota. I am
working on a case study on how student mobility (changing of schools) and
absenteeism affects their education, particularly their art education. I am
looking for any comments from teachers, professionals, etc. on these issues.
Teachers, especially, do you have any methods of coping with new students who
are behind or ahead of others? Are there any programs you are aware of that
are in place to combat mobility and absenteeism? Are they affective? Also if
you could include the socioeconomic make-up and any demographics about your
school, that would be great! Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

I would also like to add to the list of things they never told you about
teaching. . .
-The day someone comes into observe your student teaching, one of the students
will start violently throwing up in the middle of your demonstration.

-Megan E. Brown
brow0480

----- Forwarded Message Ends Here -----

Respond to this message.