Re: paper mashe

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Charles Gareri (cgareri)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:58:20 -0500

Respond to this message.

Donalyn Heise wrote:
> Paper Mache recipe:
> I just use flour and water. I mix it to the consistancy of a milkshake.

> Donalyn Heise
> Art and Technology Coordinator
> The Community Discovered

Although I don't teach any classes any more that use Paper mache`, I do
remember a couple of important things.

1. I always used "cellulose" wallpaper paste(a small box mixed up
gallons), instead of wheat... no bugs later!
2. If you use a wallpaper paste make sure it says "Nontoxic" for some
time they were mixing rat poisons into wallpaper pastes.

             (. .)
 "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
                 Art is knowing which ones to keep."

Charlie Gareri E-mail cgareri Home Page Pike High School/Art Dept./Indianapolis Indiana USA .oooO -------------( )-----Oooo.------------------------- \ ( ( ) \_) ) / (_/

Respond to this message.