Re: Internet In The Art Room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christy Gunnels (gunnels)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:50:22 -0500

Respond to this message.

Brendel wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> Has anyone experience with using the internet in the art room? I don't mean
> drawing programs etc., but other ways to use the net in art. If you have any
> experience, please share how you used the web resources and how did students
> take to this medium?
> I am very interested to learn, how the net could be used in the art room.
> Thanks. Looking forward to great ideas/suggestions. Uli
> Uli Brendel
> brendel
My Ceramics students use the internet (we have direct access in all
classrooms) to search for ceramic artists both contemporary and
obscure. They try to find artists who provide statements about why and
how they make their work. When they find an artist of interest, they
use their works as a starting place to begin a work of their own that
uses a new technique and/or narrative.
Christy

Respond to this message.