Re: student teacher training

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 20:48:08 -0800

Respond to this message.

smurthwaite wrote:

> I just video taped my student teacher and handed it too her to take home
> and watch. It was one of her first lessons - which included
> demonstrating drawing and cutting a valentine and she didn't cut it on
> the fold. Anyway, what a learning tool. She recognized that she never
> smiled and she said "you guys" about a million times.
>
> I'll video tape her later on. She's improved a lot in a week.
>
> We should all be video taped once in awhile. It's an eye opener.
> I was last year and never realized how much I talk with my hands.
>
> Blessila

I prefer to think that what I do is not transferrable to tape! I talk
way too fast, make way too many turns in the conversation, and laugh one
hell of a lot. I know it, the kids know it, and believe me the parents
know it. There is no reason that "America's funniest videos" needs to
know it. Seriously, though, I think that after teaching upteen years, I
realize that teaching is one part personality, one part technique, and
two parts magic. Why spoil that by defining it any more?

San D

Respond to this message.