Re: CELEBRATING PLURALISM

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Terry Barrett (barrett.8)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 13:48:41 -0500

Respond to this message.

Teresa,

Maybe we differ on the meaning of respect.

I can't condone or overlook or accept priests of any culture taking young
girls from their families and enslaving them for sexual pleasure under the
name of a religion. Likewise, I cannot condone or accept or overlook the
racism of the Ku Klux Klan, to bring the issue closer to my home, or the
willful poisoning of Japanese village fishermen by industrialists out to
make a profit at the cost of human life, as documented by the late
photographer W. Eugene Smith and his wife Ailene in their book Minamata.

Thanks for responding.

Sincerely,
Terry

Terry Barrett