(Fwd) Re: CELEBRATING PLURALISM

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:00:45 CST6CDT

Respond to this message.

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:30:30 -0500
To: carla harwitt <charwitt.us>
From: barrett.8 (Terry Barrett)
Subject: Re: CELEBRATING PLURALISM
Cc: artsednet

Carla,
I'm impressed that you read the article to your ninth graders. You must
have excellent rapport with them. I think you are brave for doing that,
and I think it counts towards responsible multicultural education.
However, I can't find anything to celebrate or respect in this cultural
practice, and I don't think there is a right of rape. Thank you for
responding.
Terry

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas