Re: Art History Text

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:30:06 -0600

Respond to this message.

Nancy Walkup wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 16:43:10 -0500 (EST)
> > To: artsednet
> > From: John Scott <jscott>
> > Subject: Art History Text
>
> > I'm currently team teaching an art history humanities course with
> > world literature component. My department chair told me she saw a "new" art
> > history text on CBS' Sunday Morning but couldn't remember the author or the
> > title - does anyone know it? I think it might have been the Stokstad (which
> > I JUST got a copy of) but I don't know for sure. The only other thing my
> > department chair could tell me for sure was that the text included a lot of
> > interdisciplinary references. And, does anyone know if the Stokstad has a
> > slide package available?
> >

> The text featured on Sunday Morning was "Art History" by Marilyn
> Stokstad. The publishers are Prentice Hall and Abrams - perhaps
> you can contact them on the availability of slides. I do know
> you can order videos of the telecasts from CBS. Good luck.
>
> Nancy
>
> Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
> North Texas Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts
> PO Box 5098, University of North Texas
> Denton, TX 76203
> 817/565-3986 FAX 817/565-4867
> Walkup

We use Marilyn Stokstad's Art History Volume I and II in the art history
survey at Friends University. I believe they have a set of 100 slides
for each volume free to schools which order 100 or more copies of the
book. They have excellent support services. They sent me a set of
pedogogical slides (maps and line drawings, architectural plans and
elevations, etc. for volume I and vol.II's set is on the way. I think
the books are excellent and apparently they have won several textbook
awards. My problem is that in Art History II we will get to within two
chapters of the end of volume II, so I am looking for a text for Art
History III, Impressionism to Post-Modern. Any ideas?

Respond to this message.