Re: Art and Drama

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Sun, 09 Feb 1997 07:26:35 -0800

Respond to this message.

Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller wrote:

> Hi Marilyn,
> These suggestion sound great. Have you tried them with high school students?
>
> Does anyone have more suggestions for combining art and drama?
>
> Numo Jaeger
> San Leandro High School
> San Leandro CA
>
> At 12:54 PM 2/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >A couple of suggestions:
> >
> >1. Have a choice of reproductions of famous paintings....divide students
> >into groups. Give a reproduction to each group which then acts out the
> >painting. The other students try to guess what is going on and if possible
> >what painting they are representing. Depending on time and availability of
> >materials, costumes can be improvised for the scene as well. I've done this
> >in a workshop and its been great fun!
> >
> >2. For younger children: from a deck of color cards, have each child
> >choose a card without showing it to the other students. Each child then
> >acts out his color....for example, how would you communicate the color
> >yellow? How does it make you feel? How would you get this across to others
> >without using words.....The other students must then try to guess what color
> >the student is acting out.
> >
> >Ciao,
> >Marilyn Juda-Orlandi

Depending on one's ambition, time, money and students, how about a
school marionette production of "Sunday in The Park with George". Not
only would students become aware of artists involvement in the theater
on the designing level (sets, costumes, marionettes, programs, posters),
but learn about George Seurat's life at the same time. AND, their
marionettes would have to "act", without actually putting the students
"out there".

San D

Respond to this message.