Re: Art and Drama

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Sat, 08 Feb 1997 23:14:23 -0500

Respond to this message.

Hi Marilyn,
These suggestion sound great. Have you tried them with high school students?

Does anyone have more suggestions for combining art and drama?

Numo Jaeger
San Leandro High School
San Leandro CA

At 12:54 PM 2/7/97 +0000, you wrote:

>A couple of suggestions:
>
>1. Have a choice of reproductions of famous paintings....divide students
>into groups. Give a reproduction to each group which then acts out the
>painting. The other students try to guess what is going on and if possible
>what painting they are representing. Depending on time and availability of
>materials, costumes can be improvised for the scene as well. I've done this
>in a workshop and its been great fun!
>
>2. For younger children: from a deck of color cards, have each child
>choose a card without showing it to the other students. Each child then
>acts out his color....for example, how would you communicate the color
>yellow? How does it make you feel? How would you get this across to others
>without using words.....The other students must then try to guess what color
>the student is acting out.
>
>Ciao,
>Marilyn Juda-Orlandi

Respond to this message.