Savannah Art College

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick R. Fisher (rfisher)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:08:01 -0600

Respond to this message.

I recently subscribed to artsednet, and glad I did. I'm an artist (and a
teacher as well I suppose), living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and
working at a non-profit artist run centre, http://www.videopool.mb.ca
(centre is spelled correctly, that's how we spell it up here, eh).

Anyway,

On Tuesday April 23, 1996, Amy Butterfield wrote:
>I was wondering if any one has heard about Savannah College in
>Georgia, and if you have could you write to me and tell me what you know
>about it, especially in the area of photography.

I attended the Savannah College of Art and Design for one year. I have
created an alternative resource about the college for teachers, students,
parents and artists - http://www.pangea.ca/~rfisher
It is basically an index of articles such as:
SPECIAL REPORT:SPIES AMONG US -Savannah News Press, about the surveillance
techniques used by the owners of the school to keep tabs on teachers,
students, staff, etc.
COLLEGE'S TURBULENT TALE OF ART AND COMMERCE - New York Times
SINISTER DESIGNS - Lingua Franca

If any of your students are considering this school, it may be prudent to
get a second opinion.

Rick

Frederick Fisher
rfisher