Re: Large Slabs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:43:10 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Donna - are you asking me this question in reference to my post on the use
of "Claymache?"

If so, I wouldn't try to make something this large out of either wonder
bread clay or clamache. You're right - they will crack. Why don't you just
use clay for something this large?

The only thing that comes to mind is reinforcing the material with chicken
wire inside, which is what I do for large scale papermache projects. But
it sounds to me like the selection of material does not match its use.

Regards,
Teresa

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Donna Lyle wrote:

> How do I keep large slabs from cracking? (3 ft x 2 ft) I dryed
> slowly I thought. But it cracks! Do I lay it on wood, or what?

Respond to this message.