Re: Student teachers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:32:29 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Hi,
Maybe your student teacher's personality just isn't shining through yet
because she's scared, overwhelmed, and/or a late bloomer? I remember
that transition as especially traumatic. Some of my peers sailed through
it. I didn't know at the time that it wasn't necessarily indicative of
the kind of teacher one would grow to be. Good luck to both of you.
Judy

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, smurthwaite wrote:

> Re: makeup on student teacher
>
> OK, OK, OK. I won't mention makeup or hair. I would like to send her
> away for a make-over or light a fire under her. Her content is coming
> along slowly but surely. She just looks like she's depressed and talks
> very softly. I want excitement about a project, contagious enthusiasm,
> the feeling of fun, fun, fun, more smiles. The kids know how you feel.
> It makes a difference. Will she learn that? Maybe, maybe not. I'm
> worried about sending her out to sell herself in this job market.
> Oh well, I'm just venting. Back to work.
>
> Blessila

Respond to this message.