Re: What's your perspective?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 14:01:04 -0600

Respond to this message.

Darlene Rozzi wrote:

> Does anyone have any middle school level lesson plans on perspective?
> I have been teaching it to my seventh graders and would really like
> to find a new idea for my students.
> Thanks,
> RozziThis is not exactly a lesson plan, but the National Gallery of Art
videotape, "Masters of Illusion" is about the best visual I've ever seen
on the topic of perspective. The video relates the illusionary
techniques of the Renaissance to those of contemporary filmmakers, such
as George Lucas. James Burke of Connections2 on the Discovery channel
is the narrator. I believe the video is available for a free loan from
Department of Education Resources, Extension Programs Section, National
Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. 20565.
Enjoy--Marcia Scurfield, Derby, KS

Respond to this message.