Re: workable clay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:14:59 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

I have used the recipe in this post for making puppet heads. It is better
to remove the crusts and wonder bread is the best. Proportions must be
exact for best results. You can also use elmer's glue.

You can create the same effect with "Claymache" a product sold at art
supply stores (usually) - it's ground up egg cartons and glue. Just mix
with water and use like "clay." It will dry in 1-3 days, depending on the
moisture in and tempertature of air. Best to let dry in the sun - takes
a few hours only.

-Teresa Tipton

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, edith titus wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:18:53 -0500
> >From:titus02 (edith titus)
> > Hi all! I'm also a student teacher at suny potsdam/st. lawrence
> >university. So fair warning....I'll have MANY STUPID QUESTIONS. I'm
> >writing in response to the workable quick drying clay. I saw the "clay"
> >on a craft show and remembered it for future usage. I haven't tried it
> >myself yet so I hope it works for you. One slice of white bread broke
> >up into pieces. One tablespoon "tacky glue" (one can buy it in a craft
> >store) and some acrylic paint for color. Mix this all real well with a
> >stick then with your hands. It's ready when all the color is uniform and
> >it does not stick all over your hands.
> >
> enjoy!
>
> Edith

Respond to this message.