Re: integrated arts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
smurthwaite (smrthwt)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:34:44 -0500

Respond to this message.

Gymboy97 wrote:

> i am a creative drama teacher K-12 looking for ideas of how any of you are
> using drama to connect arts ideas...we teach in a DBAE format and are looking
> for other teacher teams or individuals who integrated these arts

Last year we REALLY INTEGRATED - language arts, dance, and art.

We listened to types of jazz and wrote down words of how it made you
feel. We then had kids (4th graders) move in front of a slide projector
(for the light) and had them freeze. We traced them and they cut them
out. We cut out a stencil of a cloud shape and rubbed colored chalk
from the shape onto the figure. When then wrote words all around the
figure of how the music made us feel. It was an all day project, loads
of fun with a very artistic final product. Good luck.

Kelly in CT

Respond to this message.