Artists and Social Issues

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 19:36:31 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

I have several references for you but not one curriculum with it all
together -

Lucy Lippard: "Mixed Blessings"
Edmund Carpenter: "They Became What They Beheld"
Margaret Randall: "Santino's Daughter's"
Guy Brett: "Through Our Own Eyes:
Popular Art & Modern History"
San Jose Museum of Art: "Compassion and Protest: Recent Social & Political
Art from the Eli Broad Family Foundation Collection"
Martin Bernal: "Black Athena: The Afroasiatic Roots of Classical
Civilization"
Dr. Cornell West: "Race Matters"

- Teresa Tipton

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Ryan J Kelsey
wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 1997 17:47:41 -0500 KJA4465 writes:
> >For a higher education course focusing on activist/political art, is
> >there an
> >integrated curriculum--text, multimedia resources, etc.--that examines
> >how

Respond to this message.