Re: Student Teachers cont.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sue Palfrey (stp7msb)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:51:26 -0500

Respond to this message.

I have been following this discussion. I do think that it is important to
dress professionally, but that means different things to different teachers
in different schools. It is far more important to act professionally -- to
be an integral part of the school, serve on committees and interact
professionally with staff and students alike.

As for make-up -- this is absolutely a personal choice. I consider myself
very professional, popular with middle school students, and haven't worn
makeup for 20 years! In addition, asking a person to wear makeup raises
some gender issues, in my opinion. As far as hair, as long as it is neat,
combed, and clean, that's also really all you can ask.

----------
> From: smurthwaite <smrthwt>
> To: artsednet
> Subject: Student Teachers cont.
> Date: Monday, February 03, 1997 6:51 PM
>
> Thank you for your input about student teachers. I would like to take
> this one step further. I can deal with clothes and smell after I get to
> know her but I think that she would be so attractive and look more like
> she cared if she put on some make-up and tied back her hair.
> Is this something that I should address or leave alone? Maybe this is
> going too far.
>
> Blesila

Respond to this message.