Re: Board Games

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 19:20:06 -0800

Respond to this message.

Stubbyno2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with my high school students on designing board games. So far we
> have done some research (we played games!) and have done some writing on what
> we've found.
>
> Just wondering if there are any folks out there who have done a similar unit
> and might have some advice to offer.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Duffy Franco
> Norwalk HS
> Norwalk, CT

Years ago, (and I might revive this too) we did pinball games. It
turned out to be a sculptural piece, with the backboard and top done in
layers of mattboard (cardboard, or scraps can be used )to build up the
"bumpers" and "flippers". I felt the pinball game had more exciting
"illustrations" opportunities, as well as the "bumpers" and "flippers"
and did not push the "rules" of making a game, if you know what I mean.
I guess a similar type of project would be to design a hand held
computer game, a mock up of which could be done again in cardboard,
keeping in mind that the hand held part could relate to the game, and
have a "mock up" screen done. (ohhh...I think I might do this)

San D

Respond to this message.