Re: Note to everyone!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:50:23 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Bunki - I agree compleatly (uh, I mean, completely!). Seriously, I am very
distressed at the idea that anyone wouldn't be communicating because of
typos of grammar?! Come on! Even the English teachers make goofs all the
time. Speak up, everyone out there! We'll figure out what you mean however
you say/spell it.
--Carla in LA

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Bunki Kramer wrote:

> >Oops! I just reread my message about the standards and saw all my
> >typo's. I typed it in Claris works and cut and pasted it into
> >Netscape. All the " and' marks came out like numbers! Because I ran a
> >spell check I assumed it was all edited. Then I saw it after I sent
> >it.******I apologize to you all as I know it is a big deal with this
> >group.**************
> >Ellyn
> (see above)
>

> Hello everyone.....
>
> I have tried to stay out of this fray because I have been thinking it to be
> a no-win situation. There are those people who find it offensive to read
> poor spelling (even if it's hastily written) and bad punctuation. There are
> also people who will find ANYTHING to complain about regardless of the
> reason. And there are also LOTS of us who don't give a jolly rip about all
> this unimportant stuff.
>
> I want everyone to know that I'm getting several postings (actually TONS)
> from people who are "too scared" to post to the general listserv. This
> intimidation is ridiculous! All this sharing I am receiving (wonderful
> ideas from people too intimidated to post to the rest of you out there) is
> going to waste.
> If you are missing the "heart" of this listserv, then I know I'm missing
> some things too.
>
> If spelling and punc. are a "big thing" with you.....there are lots of
> other talkgroups out there to visit. Please don't spoil this group for the
> rest of us. You have NO IDEA what you've been missing (And I've been
> getting!) since the spelling "rumble"!
>
> If I have misspelled anything here...I will not apologize. If that bothers
> you...then you didn't get the point of this post anyway!
>
> Thank you for listening. I have spoken up....will you?
>
> Bunki Kramer
> Los Cerros Middle School
> Danville, California 94526
> bkramer.ca.us