Re: student teacher supervision

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra L. Eckert (seart)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 15:49:23 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

I have always counselled my student teachers on the realities of getting and
keeping a job...and although personal hygeine isn't "teaching", it's
important. If you don't tell her, who will? It can be done gently, in
"real world" terms. Generalize, if you feel more comfortable being
non-confrontational. But help the kid...it's TOUGH to find a job these
days! Give her all of the advantages you can!

Sandy

At 10:08 AM 2/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd like to pose a question.
>
>Is it the responsibility of the master teacher to help a student teacher
>with regards to dress and smell (cigarettes)? (My district is very
>dressy) I realize that the college atmosphere is very laid back and
>casual but my school is not. My district supervisor has already made a
>comment about comparing her as a candidate to someone dressed up and
>smelling good. This is not a comment on ability to teach.
>
>What think ye?
>
>Blesilla Berhtwald

Respond to this message.