Re: classroom art prints

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Carolyn Roberts (b2w6w4kn)
Sat, 01 Feb 1997 15:47:57 -0800

Respond to this message.

Kelly wrote:
> I use the Shorewood Catalogue all the time. I buy several each year and
> cut them up and use the small print pictures for pins and games. It's
> great.

I don't remember who originally suggested using small prints for making
pins to use to teach art history...but after reading about it back
during the summer, I made lots of pins and hung prints around the room
by the same artists.

As the students came in each day, they were to try to figure out the
name of the artist of the pin I was wearing for that day. They began to
look for similar characterics such as painting style, subject matter,
etc. We spent about 5 to 10 minutes each classtime and it was well
worth the effort and time I spent in preparation.

Students from my first semester classes still come up to me in the hall
and say, "let me guess who the artist is today."

Carolyn

Respond to this message.