Fwd: a little thought

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 12:47:21 -0500

Respond to this message.

--WebTV-Mail-1897743355-217

Courtney,
Il like you attitude and your quote selection from "Chicken Soup for the
Soul". I like that book too, it has a wonderful collection of good
stories and quotes. Keep the good attitude, an positive thoughts about
molding our students into people. I think the arts, beyond all other
disciplines, has the capabilty to shape individuals through our humaness
unlike any other.
Have confidence you will be an outstanding art educator!

Yours in Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio

--WebTV-Mail-1897743355-217

From: meeh25
Date: 1 Feb 1997 14:53:14 -0000
To: artsednet
Subject: a little thought
Sender: owner-artsednet

Hi!
I am going to be student teaching this semester for art and I am
rather excited. Well, I was just reading some entries ON LEARNING from the
book, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and I came across a short entry that really
struck me. I think it could really help me become an influential teacher.
Many of you have probably read it before but I would still like to share it
with you.

You Are A Marvel

"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a
moment that will never be again...And what do we teach our children? We
teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France.
When will we also teach them what they are?
We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a
marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never
been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the
way you move.
You may become a Shakespeare, a Michaelangelo, a Beethoven. You
have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow
up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?
You must work - we must all work - to make the world worthy of its
children."

Pablo Casals

I just thought that was very inspiring...what do you think?
Courtney :)

--WebTV-Mail-1897743355-217--

Respond to this message.