Re: student teacher supervision

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 09:08:49 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Dear Blessila, You'd be doing that student teacher a great mitzvah (means
"good deed") by gently talking to her about her dress and smell. And yes,
I believe it is part of being a master teacher. She'll never get a job
anywhere unless she fixes the problem. It's part of the job - I think
every teacher evaluation form has a question about whether the person is
well-groomed.
We are professionals and role models, so how we present ourselves (orally
and aurally!) is part of the job.
--Carla in LA

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, justasking wrote:

> I'd like to pose a question.
>
> Is it the responsibility of the master teacher to help a student teacher
> with regards to dress and smell (cigarettes)? (My district is very
> dressy) I realize that the college atmosphere is very laid back and
> casual but my school is not. My district supervisor has already made a
> comment about comparing her as a candidate to someone dressed up and
> smelling good. This is not a comment on ability to teach.
>
> What think ye?
>
> Blesilla Berhtwald

Respond to this message.