Re: student teacher supervision

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Norman Brown (nobrown.pgh.pa.us)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 10:50:44 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

The manner in which the student teacher dresses should reflect the
district. Do Gym teachers dress in sweats, shorts, tee shirts???? If this
is the case and you are using clay, plaster, ect dress for the
occasion....but if the dress is more professional them the student teacher
should follow. As for cigarette smoke and smell....almost all schools are
no smoking and or should be and I'd enforce that. If the student can't
afford new clothing...get a smock or lab coat.....white shirt and tie.

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, justasking wrote:

> I'd like to pose a question.
>
> Is it the responsibility of the master teacher to help a student teacher
> with regards to dress and smell (cigarettes)? (My district is very
> dressy) I realize that the college atmosphere is very laid back and
> casual but my school is not. My district supervisor has already made a
> comment about comparing her as a candidate to someone dressed up and
> smelling good. This is not a comment on ability to teach.
>
> What think ye?
>
> Blesilla Berhtwald

Respond to this message.