Re: Resources

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:57:12 CST6CDT

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:42:32 -0800 (PST)
To: artsednet
From: leewd (Bainbridge)
Subject: Re: Resources

>I am an elementary art teacher ......... Any suggestions on obtaining
>reproductions that I can
>use with my students.

Brenda,

I've found "Arts And Activities" magazine to be a MOST useful resource.
They usually feature a print of some sort with lesson sugestions which just
happens to tie in with other projects in each issue. "Instructor" also
used to have an art appreciation feature.

This time of year I pick up art calendars on clearance to use in my
classes. I also scour thrift shops for magazines and books with good
pictures. Look for 'poster' books in bookstores - sometimes they're fairly
inexpensive.

If you have the money, I've found the Take-5 series of art prints to be
more affordable than most. Their prints are easy to use with good
background information. I ordered them from Crystal Productions, but I
think most art suppliers sell them.

Also, don't forget to solicit parents for discarded books, calendars and
mags, etc. You can use them to add to picture files. You can even assign
picture collecting as homework!

Good luck,
Susan

My favorite sources for art reproductions and other materials
are Crystal Productions (800-255-8629) and CRIZMAC Art & Cultural
Education Materials (800-913-8555). They will both send you free color
catalogs of their materials.

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas 76203
817/565-3986 FAX 817/565-4867
Walkup