Re: art curriculums

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leon R. Nuell (lrnuell)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:25:29 -0600 (CST)

In particular, new teachers need a curricular framework. Reason: there
is a whole lot of important stuff out there. Structure is an advantage
is such cases. Experienced teachers often (but not always) have what
might be called "curricular maturity" and are able to develop programs
that serve the needs of various populations in a rather more flexible way.

Teachers whose students feed into other schools should work from a
general curriculum to ensure that the receiving program/teacher has a
reasonably coherent (homogeneous) group with whom to work.