Re: Who are artists?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leon R. Nuell (lrnuell)
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:28:01 -0600 (CST)

Our language is not very specific and the word artist connotes many
things. Maybe we should say "serious" artist. But then a lot of people
who spend musch time making images thing of themselves as being very
serious even though their work does not support that contention. Even
sales cannot be used as a guide in this matter for many very fine
image/object makers dont't have a track record in that. So make images
and be an artist. Sell and be successful. Show and don't sell, but have
great reviews and be an artists. Maybe an artist becomes an artist simply
because that is that person's desire and perception.