Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] MA Professional License


From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 09:46:42 PST

  UMass ought to have a teacher accreditation department. When I went back to school for an additional license and for my masters I brought my undergraduate transcript to the teacher accreditation department. They evaluated it in terms of what the license requirements were for English (that was the second license I was going to get) in my state and pointed me in the right direction. Turns out I only had to take 3 undergraduate courses and take a standard Praxis English specific test in order to get an additional license. I am sure they will help you with your transcript and steer you in the right direction for getting a professional license. I ended up getting a masters degree in what I wanted, Liberal arts, with a concentration on American Literature.
  While UMass is undoubtedly a lot bigger than my local university, I am sure if you ask the right questions,you will get the right answers.
  San D

To unsubscribe go to